FORWARD, TO THE SOUTH
- Fast, funny, smart ... and also a love story.
- Debut (road)novel of a highly promising rising German talent that radiates the feeling of youthful freedom and hot July days
- Awarded with the Lynx of the Month March 2020!
- For all fans of Wolfgang Herrndorf’s Tschick and Kirsten Fuchs’ Mädchenmeute.
- English sample translation available!
For a group of temporary employees of a local supermarket, the backyard of the discounter is more than meets the eye. It is a break room, a living room and sometimes also a party cellar. In the backyard you get your name, whether you like it or not. If you are lucky, you will be ennobled with an "our", just like “our Pavel”. Or you are unlucky. Like “Duckbutt”. She got her name from Jo, who disappeared months ago. His ex-girlfriend Marie, his best friend Can and the first-person narrator, “Duckbutt”, start looking for Jo and the reasons for his disappearance. Their only clues: stamps on the postcards that he sent to Marie.
The search for him develops into a wild summer trip through roaring hot July days. Without a plan, without air conditioning, further and further south.
Greece - Elkystis
- Publisher: Rowohlt Taschenbuch
- Release: 14.09.2021
- 224 pages
- Ages 14 +
- ISBN: 978-3-499-00586-2